The best way to have a radiant and youthful glow is to start from the INSIDE OUT!
After changing my diet and incorporating more healthy eating habits into my life, I really began to realize that nutrition affects EVERYTHING! In order to have balance in all our bodily systems, we must be mindful of what we fuel our body with. Food is Medicine!
One of the biggest game changers in improving my diet was incorporating smoothies about 3x/week. They are an easy way to get vitamins, minerals, probiotics, plant proteins, greens, fruits, and healthy fats all in one glass that you can conveniently take with you.
I recommend first by having a blender that is high quality so that you actually enjoy making the smoothies. The brands I use and personally recommend are a Ninja Blender or the Nutribullet. Also get a fun smoothie cup with a bamboo or steel straw (don’t forget a straw brush cleaner).
Here’s my fabulous smoothie recipe filled with lots of antioxidants that reduce breakouts, calm inflammation, and help regulate hormones.
Emily’s Super Smoothie Recipe:
- Half a banana
- Handful organic frozen berry blend
- 1 cup yogurt or yogurt substitute
- Handful of super greens like spinach or kale
- 1 scoop Plant protein powder (make sure to avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners, READ LABELS!)
- 1 scoop Chia or Flax seeds
- 1 scoop Almond or peanut butter powder
- 1 scoop Maca powder
- Gluten free granola or muesli
- Coconut Milk (dairy free and has healthy fats and protein)
How else can I achieve radiant and healthy skin?
Regular exfoliation services such as facials or dermaplaning are the key to younger and more radiant skin! Mention this blog post and receive $10 off your next facial or dermaplanning exfoliation!